Boston West Academy is a member of the CfBT Schools Trust (a multi-academy trust). We share a vision of being “a collaborative family of schools, inspiring learners to achieve personal and academic excellence”.
CfBT Schools Trust is both a charity and a company limited by guarantee. The Trust delegates responsibility for day to day governance of Boston West Academy to its local governing board through an agreed Scheme of Delegation.
The role of the local governing board is to:-
- set the strategic direction of the school
- articulate the school’s vision and mission
- monitor, challenge and support the headteacher and senior leadership team
- monitor strategic plans and track their progress and
- analyse, observe and question the information it receives to ensure that the school delivers the best possible outcomes for all of our children.
Boston West Academy if funded by the Department of Education, through a funding agreement with CfBT Schools Trust.
Details of the members of the Local Governing Board are available to view here