National Awards – Role of Honour
The quality of the school’s practice has been recognised through achievement of a number of national awards, all at the highest level.
Award applications are focused on key areas, in particular environmental / outdoor learning, which is central to our philosophy and practice.
The school currently holds the following awards:
- Woodland Trust Green Tree School Platinum Award – July 2012
- Council for Learning Outside the Classroom Gold Award – July 2014
- Emma Schofield (Outdoor Learning Leader), 2014 Winner of LOtC ‘Inspiring Educator’ Award
- RHS Level 5 School Gardening Award – July 2014
- IAA Best Practice Award Winners ‘Achievements in Learning Beyond the Classroom’ 2014
- RHS East Midlands in Bloom Gold Award and Winner of Best School Garden 2014
- Artsmark Gold Award – July 2014
- Healthy Schools Award – December 2014
- EcoSchools Green Flag Award (our 7th) – June 2015
- DEFRA National Pollinator Strategy Bees’ Needs Award Winner 2015
- Primary Science Quality Mark Gold Award – September 2015
- RHS East Midlands in Bloom Gold Award and Winner of Best School Garden 2016