The pupil premium is additional funding for schools to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers. The school will receive pupil premium based on the number of children in the following groups:
- pupils entitled to free school meals (FSM) now or at any point during the past six years.
- pupils who have been continuously Looked After for the past six months.
- pupils who are adopted from care under the Adoption and Children Act 2002 or have left care under a Special Guardianship Residence Order.
- pupils of parents who are currently, or during the past three years, serving in the regular armed forces, or are in receipt of a pension from the MOD
Is your child eligible for the pupil premium?
If you receive any of the following benefits, your child may be eligible to receive the pupil premium:
- Universal Credit, provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
If eligible, your child will continue to receive free meals in key stage 2. It also means that our school will receive an extra £1,320 per eligible pupil from central government to fund valuable support such as extra tuition and learning support.
To help ensure that we are able to claim the correct level of funding for our school, please register for the Parent Portal.
Once registered, you can add your children then click the “Submit FSM Application” button.
Pupil premium strategy
Schools have the freedom to spend the funding in a way they think will best support the raising of attainment for pupil premium pupils. Please read our strategy for more information: